Wednesday 11 November 2015

background information


My History with cycling and what made me get into it:


I’ve been around cycling my whole life really, my dad is an active cyclist. He used to work in the bicycle industry which means most of his friends are cyclist. it was only in the past couple of years that I started to enjoy watching cycling on the TV, although I was lucky to watch a full race since my mum gets annoyed because according to her "all that ever is on the tele' is cycling!" so she will makes us change the channel. I used to go and watch my dad race cyclocross and really got into it, so after being around it for so long and listening to my dad’s stories from races and rides he did, I just thought I would like to give it a try. So over the summer of 2014 I made my own little business out of doing garden work for people around my village and eventually made enough money to get my first 'cross bike in October 2014, a Trek Crocket and have been riding since.


Starting out:

I started racing over the winter of 2014-15 (youth category) and at the time I wasn’t very good, I was lucky to finish in the top half,  but I didn’t expect to be as I had only been riding for a couple of months. Over the past year I have improved quite a lot, last year I was racing for 50th but this year, after a summer of training, I have been in the business ends of the races and racing for a place inside the top 15. I even took 2 wins at a little series which ended up in me winning the youth series.
taking the win 

No comments:

Post a Comment